On Friday night at 11:30, my 9 yo parakeet, Pal, died. :'( Poor girl....I was laying in bed and suddenly heard her thrashing around in her cage. I suddenly realized I'd forgotten to give them food that morning! Yikes...well, needless to say, it was too late. She died. It wasn't completely my fault though...she was old and had been sick; and also Pippen, her mate, was fine without the food. So I know that something else was wrong with her; not having food certainly didn't help though.
I take comfort in knowing that she lived a long, happy, fairly healthy life. :) She always had lots of toys. treats, a mate...everything a 'keet loves. :D I guess it was just time for her to go. :-\ Still, it was very sad....I miss her now. I did love her an awful lot!
You can see pics of her to the left. :) She's the yellow one...
~E
I had thought I didn't really like the 'keet but when she died I suddenly realized how much I did like her!
ReplyDeleteFnGg
Ohhhhhh I am SO SORRY LFJ! Poor girl....I know I will bawl when my pets die...(((((hugs)))))
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better!
-Emily